Sunday, February 10, 2008

Trilogy Cards

I've just been asked to complete a few more cards for the Strictly Ink Trilogy Series.
This is a rare monster set! It was fun tackling subjects I've not done before, and drawing characters I've not seen on other sketch cards in the Trilogy series.

I also tried a different technique on most of them... freehand drawing!

To save time, I often trace onto my sketch cards (I've heard that other sketch card artists do this too). It gives me a solid foundation to work with, particularly for faces.

It doesn't mean any less work, in fact I find it often means more, once you've fiddled around with tracing paper, and reduced reference pictures to just the right size...

I enjoyed the freedom of drawing these little monsters freehand this time round!

No comments: